Sometimes I would see signs on my way to a client. Like, for instance, I'd see a billboard that would say "Looking to buy a house? Let us help you!" Since I wasn't looking to buy a house, this obviously meant one thing; I'm going the wrong way and should ask the employee at the nearest liquor store for directions.
I finally realized what allows me such success in this type of work. I have that "still has a chance" glimmer, or so they say. I definitely do not like to brag (not that being an object of desire for older closeted married men is a point of pride or should be) but I have to admit--the attention I can get is releiving. Although I choose not to mingle with people my own age (because escorting pretty much ruins it for my libido) it's just releiving to feel approval from others, even if they're not looking past your looks.
These thoughts moved my feet closer to his house.
No matter how many times I've done this, I can't shake the feeling of uncertainty in my mind. It was always a block away. Whenever I was a block away, I would have to close my eyes and tell myself that everything will be okay. (even if he turns out to be a serial killer who collects escorts?) yes.
Nick wasn't serial killer. As I approach his apartment complex, I noticed something was missing. I didn't know what apartment number it was. In a way, it calmed me. It's not like I really wanted to be there, or know where these people live, anyways. Luckily and unluckily for me, he came out of the furthemost apartment and approached me. He noticed I was missing that 'something' as well and anticipated my arrival.
I was a bit confused. He was actually a pretty attractive man. In his 20s, socially inept, a hard worker...
I noticed a half-filled luggage on his bed which he awkwardly pushed into his closet. He was planning to move to Maui. I nodded. We agreed on paying for the hour first, and then deciding afterwards if there would be an extra fee.
I walk home and see another billboard. It's of a lost dog with a nametag that reads "Steve". There's a speech bubble connected to the dog's mouth. It reads "Call your local pound and bring home lost dogs like me!"
Way ahead of you, Steve, way ahead of you.
///STORIES OF A MALE SUBURBAN ESCORT.///
No comments:
Post a Comment